I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with New Year's Eve. On the one hand, the hype leading up to it so often seems to overshadow the actual event; but on the other, the ritual of celebrating the end of an entire year and the fresh start that lies on the other side of midnight is a bit enchanting.
Either way, New Year’s Eve certainly offers us the perfect opportunity to reflect—and Mamaloders we have had quite the year indeed. In celebration of 2016, we’ve put together a list of the most-read stories of the year; a list that reflects the two pillars of Mamalode. One, our incredible authors who absolutely pour their hearts out for us each and every day. We wouldn’t be here without them. And two, our readers! It is incredibly humbling to each of us at Mamalode that you come back and visit us every day. We have the most incredible community and we are grateful for each of you every single day. We wouldn’t be here without you either.
So take a peek at this list and then join us on the other side of midnight—we can’t wait to continue our journey with you into 2017!
16. H Is For Henry – A Transgender Journey by Amy Cappelli
15. Listen by Stacey Conner
14. My Monster by Mandy Hitchcock
13. They Say You Should Wean Once They Can Ask For It by Jackie Semmens
12. The Things I Need To Teach My Son About Being A 21st Century Teenager by Jonathan Cristall
11. Dear Mr. Turner – What Your Son’s “20 Minutes Of Action” Says About Rape Culture by Brooke Kwatny Kravitz
10. If I Could Spare You This Pain by Crystal Cook
9. Things I Meant To Do by Gloria Hansen
8. A Letter To My Unborn Child by Morgan Starr
7. He Doesn’t Have A Choice by Maggie Jones
6. I Will Never Forget That I Dropped My Infant Son by Nicki Gilbert
5. You Can Have It All by Diana Kane
3. Not For You, Son by Janelle Hanchett
2. I Hate My Baby, A Postpartum Story by Heather Holter
1. A Love Letter To My Mother In Law by Katie Moore