I am a huge fan of the Buddy Walk which is a program aimed at inclusion and acceptance of people with Down Syndrome. There are Buddy Walk events around the country (over 250 this year). It is a way for communities to come together, a way for awareness to be raised, and a way for individuals to raise money for more programs and support.
But most of all, it is a way to love.
Our local Buddy Walk is organized in memory of a little guy named Danny who in his much-too-short life was a great teacher of love. I was lucky enough to know Danny and his family.
So in honor of Danny and in support of Buddy Walks everywhere, Mamalode is giving away:
• 100 Mamalode Six Packs (Six of our back issues including the two featuring Kelle Hampton’s stories and covers–the ENOUGH and FLOW issues, plus four more.) These will go to 100 people who let us know that they have raised over $500 dollars for their local Buddy Walk. Winners will be chosen by random number generator.
• 10 Mamalode full libraries (all 17 of our back issues, including the two Kelle Hampton stories/covers) and big Mamalode shout outs on social media about their great work. These will go to 10 people who let us know they have raised over $1000 for their local Buddy Walk.
• 5 free downloads of our iPad edition of Mamalode’s Greatest Hits (64 page, ad free, iPad magazine with the best from our first five issues) will be randomly selected by any entry that mentions iPad so we know who has one. Minimum amount raised to be in the random iPad selection: $50 or more.
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment on our facebook page letting us know:
• How much you raised
• Where you live
• If you are interested in the iPad edition
• Why you support the Buddy Walk (optional)
Winners will be contacted directly through facebook private messaging to get your mailing address.
Elke Govertsen is the founder of Mamalode. She loves the Buddy Walk and thinks you are totally rad, especially if you are out there walking, spreading the word or raising money to support your local Buddy Walk. Love on.